13.7 C
Washington D.C.

Imran Khan’s warrants were dismissed in the Toshakhana case following a day of chaos.

Once the PTI leader showed up outside the Islamabad Court Complex and signed in, it was decided that he could leave.


- Advertisement -

The arrest warrants for Imran Khan, who is the leader of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), have been taken away by Additional District and Sessions Judge Zafar Iqbal.

It was decided this way after the ex-prime minister showed up at the Islamabad Court Complex.

The hearing had been planned for this past Saturday but was postponed to March 30 due to the commotion and pandemonium outside the compound on Thursday when police and PTI employees clashed.

The judge, Zafar Iqbal, declared that the atmosphere was not suitable for the hearing and appearance, and ordered everyone present to leave the courthouse immediately.

Judge Zafar Iqbal let Imran Khan leave before the police and party. The supporters got into a fight outside the G-11 Court Complex.

As Imran’s group got closer to the courthouse, violence broke out. Just minutes before the party chairman was due in court for the Toshakhana (gift depository) case. Both the police and the party blamed each other for the obstruction.

Imran Khan was unable to make it to court before the close of business.

Judge Zafar Iqbal has decided that the hearing and appearance cannot happen. At this time because of the fighting between the Islamabad Police and PTI supporters outside the Judicial Complex.

Noting Imran Khan’s presence, he urged everyone there to leave without using any kind of violence, like firing or pelting stones.

The PTI head didn’t even get out of his bulletproof car at the Judicial Complex entrance before speeding off to Lahore.

When court started again today, Khawaja Haris, the lawyer for the head of the PTI.

The judge, Iqbal, questioned the security guards about the PTI leader’s exclusion. The attorney for the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) “should have been here as the court started at 8:30 a.m.,” according to Imran.

The judge said that the court must wait for the former prime minister because he is going through “hardship.”

Awan, the lawyer for the PTI, also wrote a new application for the party leader.” I am at the gate of the judicial complex, and I am being denied access,” the applicant wrote.

In order to “initiate contempt of court proceedings against the police,” the former prime minister asked the court to send its employees to note his presence.

As the court was in recess, Judge Iqbal ordered court personnel to bring a police officer. They bring Imran in front of the judge.

When PTI’s lawyers asked the judge to include PTI representatives in the court’s official delegation, the judge agreed.

Outside the courthouse, Judge Iqbal had an attendant sign Imran in as a witness. “Imran can go back once the attendance is marked,” the judge said.

Babar Awan and the court staff have left the courtroom because the judge told them to. This means that the PTI leader’s appearance is over. The judge responded by saying he hoped things calmed down.

For “preventing Imran from going to court,” PTI Secretary General Asad Umar has harsh words for the cops. He went on to say that the former prime minister is near the courthouse The police are keeping him from going inside.

Umar added that the police had refused to let Imran go to court and had instead opened fire with tear gas. Officers are displaying extreme roughness.

Imran finally showed up in court today. The Islamabad High Court had previously put a hold on the PTI chairman’s non-bailable arrest warrants. Till today, giving him the chance to voluntarily appear before the sessions court.

When Imran went to the Islamabad High Court to appeal the session court’s arrest warrant. Chief Judge Aamer Farooq heard his case.

IHC also said that the former prime minister must show up in court tomorrow during normal business hours.

Early in the case proceedings on Thursday, the judge promised Imran that, if he turned himself in the court. He would prevent the Islamabad police from arresting him at his Zaman Park home in Lahore.

Other law enforcement agencies joined the Islamabad police for a two-day battle. The law enforcement and courts’ involvement was essential to restoring order.

- Advertisement -

Related articles

Recent articles