The purpose of having “UP INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL” in India is to give Expression of Freedom to those feature and short filmmakers who is looking for International exposure.
India is a fast developing country in the world with its multiple cultures, traditions, and spirituality. U.P. (Uttar Pradesh) is the largest state in the country of India. We, the “UP INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL” are going to present the art, culture, traditions and the places of tourism interest in U.P. to the World community through the organization of a 3-days International Film Festival in Varanasi (Kaashi).
A number of people have dedication and passion to produce feature and short films but because of the scarcity of funds and resources, they are unable to find any platform to display their features and short films. We, the ‘UP International Film Festival’ are going to provide them an international platform to present their unique works to the Global audiences. The “UP International Film Festival” is being organized at Varanasi in India during the dates 28-02-2020 to 01-03-2020.
Once the Film Festival is over, we are going to host two days visit of all the National/International attendees of this Film Festival to Lord Shiva (Kashi Vishwanath) Temple, Sankat Mochan Temple, Kaal Bhairav Temple, Sarnath Buddha Temple, special Ganga Aarti, Vindhyachal Temple and Prayagraj Sangam.
Rules & Terms 2019 FILM SUBMISSION RULES
All films submitted should be inspiring stories about Social Justice, Music, Art or Culture.
1. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway) or a password-protected streaming URL.
3. FUFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
4. You may only submit two films per year.
5. Films completed after Jan. 2017 only
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. AFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. By submitting the material, the applicant hereby agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the festival, its employees, directors, representatives, and affiliates from any liability, claims, and damages in connection with the submission and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, that any of them may incur in connection therewith.
Films are shown in May at different venues throughout the Bay Area, California.
Most films selected will be Documentaries.
We believe that Social Justice films don’t have to make the audience feel horrible about the state of the world. We focus on uplifting stories that show our power!