Indian pacer Mohammed Shami took to social media and cleared the air regarding the controversy surrounding his personal life, after his wife Hasin Jahan accused him of cheating and domestic violence.
Shami, in a tweet said, “Hi I’m Mohammad Shami. Ye jitna bhi news hamara personal life ke bare may chal raha hai, ye sab sarasar jhut hai, ye koi bahut bada humare khilap sajish hai or ye mujhe Badnam karne or mera game kharab karne ka kosis ki ja rahi hai.”
“Mohammad Shami: Contract on hold after adultery and domestic violence claims”
I'm Mohammad Shami.
Ye jitna bhi news hamara personal life ke bare may chal raha hai, ye sab sarasar jhut hai, ye koi bahut bada humare khilap sajish hai or ye mujhe Badnam karne or mera game kharab karne ka kosis ki ja rahi hai.
— Mohammad Shami (@MdShami11) March 7, 2018
Jahan had accused the pacer of assault and cheating.
“Shami abused me and started beating me even after returning from South Africa. He has been doing this for quite some time now and now I have had enough,” she was quoted as saying by ABP News.
“I gave him enough time (to rectify mistakes) and tried to calm myself down but instead of accepting his own mistakes, he used to vent his anger on me and even threaten me, asking to keep mum for my own goodwill, I tried to convince myself for the sake of my family and daughter but he kept on harassing me and when I found those obscene chats with multiple women, all hell broke. I cannot tolerate this anymore and I have decided to take legal actions with all the available evidence,” she added.
Shami is currently playing in the Deodhar Trophy for India A. The Bengal pacer has represented India in 30 Tests, 7 T20Is and 50 ODIs.
“10 Most Interesting Facts About Hasin Jahan, Mohammad Shami’s Wife”
- Hasin Jahan was is a Bengali Muslim, born and brought up in Kolkata.
- Before her marriage, she was an upcoming model and had started her modeling career in Kolkata itself.
- She is a staunch believer and preacher of Islam and practices it with full dedication.
- At one point in time, she was an aspiring lady who had dreams to make it big in the film industry.
- She met Shami for the first time during IPL 2012 and both of them felt an instant connection which they decided to take forward.
- They dated each other for 2 years before tying the knot on June 6th, 2014.
- After getting married to Shami, she had to bid farewell to the world of modeling as Shami’s family was against the same.
- Shami was her second husband. Before Shami, she had married someone else too but their marriage did not work out and fell apart.
- She is known for controversies too just like the ongoing one. She once claimed to be a close friend of Sakshi Singh Dhoni but could never really prove that.
- She is known to be in situations of cold wars with wives of other cricketers like Gautam Gambhir, Ajinkya Rahane, and Ashwin.